The SISGI Beyond Good Ideas Foundation is seeking a Development Project Intern to assist in fundraising efforts for the Institute for Social Change, ISC Internship and SISGI Foundation Pro Bono Clients.
The Development intern will research potential funders that support capacity building, training and professional development in the social sector as potential funding sources for the work of the foundation. In addition, the intern will work on a fundraising capacity building project with a start-up nonprofit client focused on health and HIV issues. This includes developing an organization case statement, needs assessment and general letter of inquiry template. The intern will also identify potential funders for the foundation, assist in the development of letters of inquiry and where applicable create full proposal items to submit to funders. Lastly, the intern will work to develop proposal templates and case statements to support ongoing fundraising and capacity building efforts for the organization and their clients. This is an unpaid position for up to 15 hours per week.
- Research potential funders for SISGI BGI Foundation programs and services and SISGI Group pro bono clients.
- Manage the donor database and information in organization online project database
- Develop case statement and proposal templates
- Develop letters of inquiry and proposals to submit based upon fit and requested information.
- Participate in a weekly check in call with the SISGI CEO and assist in developing a board report for the quarterly meetings
- Participate in biweekly client meetings with pro bono capacity building clients
- Assist the Marketing team in developing messaging and campaign information from organization fundraising materials.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in gaining practical skills in fundraising, development, project management or funder research
- Strong initiative and interest in managing projects
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Independent worker with strong leadership skills
- Must be willing to commit to project for 6 months
- Dedicated computer
- Internet connection
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter through our online application system. Applicants nationwide are encouraged to apply. This is an unpaid internship opportunity.