Our Cause Marketing intern will work with SISGI Group consultants, staff and other interns to coordinate the marketing efforts of our organization and with pro bono capacity projects. This includes supporting our social media presence, connecting our efforts for social change with awareness building and strategy development, and promoting the work of our organization and partners.
The intern will coordinate a marketing strategy to connect with social sector professionals for our Institute for Social Change workshops and events. The intern will also work with the Youth Initiative Team to develop our marketing and partnership efforts for our national youth initiative, Alliance for Positive Youth Development. Interns will gain valuable experience in managing and developing a marketing and communications plan for national and international programs.
This is a wonderful opportunity for individuals to develop practical experience in marketing and communications in the social sector and to promote the efforts for social change of nonprofit organizations.
- Develop a social media and marketing strategy with SISGI Group staff and board members
- Read and promote entries on the NotEnoughGood.com blog including a biweekly newsletter
- Manage a marketing and social media database
- Assist in the management of social media platforms using Hootsuite, a social media organization platform.
- Promote and market ISC educational events and activities
- Assist in the social media for our Alliance for Positive Youth Development conference and events.
- Produce reports and write-ups on marketing efforts
- Assist in the marketing and social media efforts of SISGI Pro Bono Capacity Building Projects
- Flexible telecommuting environment of up to 10-20 hours per week
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Undergraduate students must have no more than 3 semesters remaining towards their undergraduate degree at the time of application.
Graduate students must have completed at least one semester at the time of application.
GPA of 3.0 or higher
Coursework or professional/personal experience in marketing, social media, policy, international development, and/or youth development.
Very strong research and writing skills and desire to gain professional skills in public relations, marketing, social marketing or communications.
Experience and proficiency with social media platforms
Awareness of multiple perspectives on youth issues and other social problems such as poverty, sustainable development, gender equity, and conflict.
Open to learning and gaining additional knowledge about a variety of social issues and the ability to take in a lot of information very quickly
Self-starter with entrepreneurial vision and autonomous work style
Applicant should be a team player with innovative problem solving abilities and original ideas.
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter through our online application system Applicants nationwide are encouraged to apply. This is an unpaid internship opportunity, though the SISGI Group will pay for the intern to become a Hootsuite Certified professional upon successful completion of 3 months with the program and satisfactory completion of all assignments. The intern will receive a certificate in Social Media, Awareness and Engagement through the Institute for Social Change.